We have re-opened the physical doors at CFPE by appointment ONLY. Many of our patients/clients will continue to be seen virtually. This is being done in the context of the pandemic and balancing the public health requirements for physical distancing and reducing the number of people in the office, while still being able to provide services to our patients at a much needed time.
If you are uncertain if your appointment will be in person or virtually, please contact Ashley at email@example.com or 613-726-7355 ext 100 for clarification.
In the context of the pandemic, to maintain a safe environment for all, certain measures have been put into place if you are attending the clinic in person. These include:
- Face masks must always be worn in the clinic waiting room and hallways.
- Clinicians have worked hard to ensure a safe environment for assessments and appointments. Depending on the type and length of appointment there are different measures in place such as face coverings, plexiglass shields, frequent hand sanitizing and 2-meter physical distancing.
- If you, or anyone in your household is showing signs of COVID-19, we ask that you contact the office to reschedule your appointment OR convert to a virtual appointment where possible.
- Anyone entering the office will be asked to complete a COVID-19 screen.
- Sanitizing all hard surfaces occurs in every patient/client room between patients.
- We ask one parent to accompany children to their appointments (without other children/adults), when possible. We do understand that there may be circumstances where it is important for both parents to be present for an appointment and will accommodate that. We are simply trying to reduce the number of people in the office to accommodate physical distancing where possible.
We respectfully ask that you let us know if you cannot keep your appointment. Cancellation fees will not be charged provided you let us know you will not be attending. We have many patients/clients that are struggling with their mental health during this time and could use the appointment time. Please let us know so we can offer those time slots to others if you do not need it.
Please note, calls may come from an unknown number.
Due to the ongoing pandemic we are taking precautions (as recommended by the Ministry of Health and the Ontario Medical Association) to minimize the spread of the infection. Please review the following procedures for appointments. These procedures will be in place until further notice.
Drs. van Stralen and McBride and physician assistant Katrina Pullia will be seeing patients virtually either by the Ontario Telemedicine Network (secure videoconferencing from your home), via telephone, and in limited situations, in person. If you are unsure whether your person is via videoconference, telephone or in person, please contact Ashley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-726-7355 ext 100. Please do not attend the clinic unless pre-arranged.
If you are unable or prefer not to keep your scheduled virtual appointment, we ask that you let us know as soon as possible so that we can give the appointment to someone else who is waiting. In times like this, many of our patients and families are looking for appointments and we are doing our best to accommodate them.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have. However, please note that e-mail at email@example.com or contact through the website at www.cfpe.ca is currently the most efficient method of communication.
Finally, we wish all our patients the best during this difficult time. Please continue to adhere to the recommendations of public health at this time.
Drs. van Stralen and McBride and Physician Assistant Katrina Pullia
Due to the ongoing concerns regarding COVID-19, we are taking precautions, as recommended by public health, to minimize the spread of the infection. We are committed to maintaining the highest level of care during this time and are doing our best to be available for you. Please review the following policies for appointments. These procedures will be in place until further notice.
PLEASE DO NOT attend the clinic without prior discussion – both virtual and in person appointments are being scheduled but are not interchangeable. This is for the health and safety of all, to ensure physical distancing is possible and to allow us to continue providing services.
Dr. Brazeau, Dr. Newman, Claire Dulmage, & Dr. Mintah will be providing virtual appointments for therapy for clients over the age of 13 and some in person appointments for psychoeducational testing and therapy. Remote therapy for children under 13 has been shown to be less effective and we do not feel it would be an efficient use of your time.
If you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment, please contact our office to reschedule at firstname.lastname@example.org. During this time, we have amended our cancellation policy, so that there will be no cancellation fees for cancellations related to COVID-19. We just ask that you let us know as soon as you know.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have.
Sincerely, the CFPE Psychology Team
It is normal to feel high levels of stress when things happen that are out of our control. During this pandemic and social distancing, it is important for everyone, including parents and caregivers, to look after themselves. We must all acknowledge our own levels of stress and reactions to them. As we settle into the “new normal”, for the time being, we must not forget to look after our mental health. It is for this reason that we provide these reminders:
- Keep some structure and routine.
- Remember to eat properly balanced meals.
- Exercise can help with managing stress and anxiety – go for a walk or bike ride if you can go outside.
- Mindful breathing, even for short periods of time can help relieve pressure – there are many great apps for mindfulness – Stop Breath and Think is one for children and there are more resources below for adults and teens.
- Make sure you are getting enough sleep.